Monday 3 May 2010

The Grandmother Type

I want a new bike, one that will go with my new life in the country. The grandmother type, where you don't have to lean forward like some kind of "tour de France" looney (my current bike), but where you can sit up and enjoy the view.
And also it has to have a basket in the front, the basket is very important!
And it cannot be black! Also very important, green is nice, or read, the cream one in the picture is not so bad either.
And, the fourth very important thing, it has to have one of those wide saddles, for ALL of my ass and also any additional ass I might grow in the future.

Almost needless to say, we took our first bike ride here and this year, today. It was lovely, I over did it and just barely made it home, my thighs protesting wildly, but wonderful with the wind in the hair and the pink sunset in our faces. Sadly I discovered that my back wheel had become slightly oval during the tree years in storage, and it was a bit of a bumpy ride.

2 comments:

Ola said...

Don't forget the smell of spring, the newly laid fields and the running horses.

Anonymous said...

I want one too!! Since i still have your (really old!) "Tour de France"-bike from your teen years I think it's time for me to get my self a brand new bike....Magnus is always a bit embarassed when we go out for i ride, it's not made for a mother of two ( :
Big hug, Sister