Friday 25 June 2010

Pattern thinking

I think I have thought out my first knitting pattern, totally by chance! I happened to stumble on Cherry Tree Hill's website and saw that they were calling for patterns for there new line of self striping hand painted sock yarn, I was a bit intrigued, but thought that I wouldn't do it, manly because if I order the yarn it will probably take about two weeks for it to get here from America and then I'd have to try it out and perfect the pattern and then send it back, and by that time they have probably already got the five patters they were asking for. But would this stop my mind? No! In the middle of the night the idea just came to me. I think it is formed in a way that differ a bit from other things that will be submitted and that might be in my favour. Anyway the problems still remain, even if I spent hours on the internet searching for another suitable yarn a bit closer to home, without success, but I will somehow try to realise the pattern and if I cant send it in, I might be able to publish it on Ravelry instead.

2 comments:

Ms. Kimba said...

yay! designing is sooo much fun

Frida said...

I hope so! :) Do you use a pattern program of some kind?