Monday 28 June 2010

Knitting poetry

The worlds largest knitted poem. 
I so wanted to be apart of this, but as my magazine subscription to "Simply Knitting" , where I found the information, comes TWO weeks after the release in England, there were only plain squares left and I  didn't think it was worth it then, with the yarn and postage. But still it is a great idea and performance. 


Dylan Thomas
In My Craft or Sullen Art

In my craft or sullen art
Exercised in the still night
When only the moon rages
And the lovers lie abed
With all their griefs in their arms,
I labour by singing light
Nor for ambition or bread
Or the strut and trade of charms
On the ivory stages
But for the common wages
Of their most secret hart.

Not for the proud man apart
From the raging moon I write
On these spindrift pages
Nor for the towering dead
With their nightingales and psalms
But for the lovers, there arms
Round the griefs of the ages,
Who pay no praise or wages
Nor heed my craft or art.

No comments: