Thursday 25 February 2010

Snow yarn in the mail

This weekend we were supposed to go to a big (well, big for Sweden) sewing and yarn fair, but the wether, the snow, and the traffic reports put a stop to that. Five cars had crashed before eight that morning in the Stockholm area, and we decided we did not want to be a part of that. I also decided that if this was how it was going to be, I was definitely buying some yarn online to feel a bit better! I did and today it arrived, the "because of the snow, post yarn", glorious Frost sock yarns. I love getting things in the mail, you can say I have a bit of a post addiction.  
I am so very happy with the colours, all beautiful, but the blu-red is getting to be a favourite. Its some of the most beautiful colours I have ever seen, at least in the "not hand painted" category. I can already see the fantastic socks that are going to be created in the future.
Frost is very nice to knit with, a bit thin, but reliable and even.
I also bought a very nice pattern for "Swedish Fish Socks" from Spillyjane Knits.

No comments: