Monday 23 August 2010

White corriedale

My second try at spinning, and it is already going a lot better. Much smoother then the first try, still some bumps and thick and thin parts but, over all I am pretty happy with my progress. There was also some single left over in one of the balls and I made a nice little bit of single ply out of that. The coloured bits are just the thread I happened to have at hand when I tied the skein together. 
I seem to have a preference for two ply, it seems a bit like cheating doing single ply, but I suspect it is a phase and I will grow out of it and have a singles phase after that. Then maybe Ill have a four ply phase! :)

6 comments:

Ms. Kimba said...

It looks great!!! really really great. I'm impressed :)

Ms. Kimba said...

Oh by the way, if you ever get your hands on some blue faced leicester or some jacob sheep wool, try those, they spin up so beautifully and create a very nice springy soft yarn...if you can't get ahold of any then I can send some to you.

My friend has a sheep farm and a yarn store and has both types of fleece. in fact i might just do that anyways...i go to her shop every wednesday and i'll try to remember to pick some up for you

Frida said...

Thank you! That mens a lot: :)
I think the stuff I am trying now is BFL, but I am not sure, it is nice and fluffy, but it is going realy slow because I am trying to make it thin. :)
Oh, you are definetly welcome to send some if you want to, that would be great! Tell me if you want me to send you something, something Swedish you miss?
Next Sunday it is "Fårens Dag" here, I am hoping to get to try a spinning wheel and get my hands on some local wool.

Frida said...

What kind of spinning wheel are you using?

Matilda said...

Gud vad fint! Och det är första gången du gör det? Jag måste testa jag med....

Frida said...

Testa, det är roligt! :)