Wednesday 8 September 2010

Kromski Minstrel

Look what a lovely machine that is now living in my house!!! It is a Kromski Minstrel Spinning wheel. It arrived in a million little pieces and I had to build it all my self so now I have intimate knowledge about how she works. I started spinning right away, on the slowest speed, it was a bit tricky to get the hang of it, mostly to get the tension right. But what a joy to just sit comfortably peddling away and spinning with your hands in front of you, no more awkward stretching and aches and pains. I assembled it as a double drive, it seemed most logical, maybe Ill try the scotch tension later. She and I have a lot to explore. 

3 comments:

MiA said...

Tjusig!!

Ms. Kimba said...

oooohhhhhh! fan va nice!

Frida said...

Hon är underbar! Jag har slut på ull! ;)